Recorded live at No Way Back at the Bunker, 12/2/2011 at Public Assembly, Brooklyn, NY. Presented by Beyond Booking and Interdimensional Transmissions.
Flyer design by Seze Devres.
William Burnett has been making records since 2005. Recent converts to his sound will know him best as Willie Burns, with E.Ps on L.I.E.S, Crème Organization, Sequencias and The Trilogy Tapes. Those who caught on earlier will know him for the Disco-tainted weirdness of Grackle,…
dawkins knows exactly what he’s doing. he’s talking of pigs and abortion knowing it’ll annoy people and he can shout LOGIC/RATIONALITY afterwards.
it’s simple: create a very narrowly defined ‘philosophical problem’ that causes distress. make all your arguments within it and refuse to accept arguments that fall outside of it. proclaim yourself as the only one able to think rationally.
he’s done this over and over again. so many of his actions are aimed at affirming the apparent superiority of his own experiences and thought.
For the record, it certainly wouldn’t be bombastic to say that Creme Organization is one of the most influential labels of the past 10 years. Coming straight outta The Hague and having strong links with Bunker, It’s formidable early catalogue featured the emerging talents of none other…
Alle reden vom Wetter. Wir nicht.
Everybody talks about the weather. We don’t.
These aren’t ranked in any particular order - the 1st part is records that I was fortunate to be able to get my hands on, the 2nd is ones which I’ve yet to get for one reason or another (availability - you try to get L.I.E.S. records, money…mostly money tbh). None of the picks are especially surprising I guess (aside from maybe the Theo Parish 12”, which a bunch of people seem to hate; I think it’s really sick) - all are from very known artists and/or labels. I can’t claim to have done any digging, so there probably isn’t much point in me adding to the flood of EOY lists but I like making lists so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
There are also a bunch of releases which I have either not fully clicked with me yet or I’ve simply not had the time to listen to, but they are from labels/artists who I generally like, so I have those to look forward to digging through in the future.
- Theo Parish - Any Other Styles (Sound Signature)
- Peverelist & Kowton - Beneath Radar (Livity Sound)
- Kowton - Des Bisous (Pale Fire)
- Kowton - More Games / Jam01 (Livity Sound)
- Peverelist - Salt Water / Erosions (Livity)
- Madteo - Burgler Gold Pt.1 (Hinge Finger)
- Madteo / Trance Yo Lie - Cosa C’est Sotto / We Do… (DJ Sotofett’s NYC Dub Mix) (Wania)
- Objekt - Cactus / Porcupine (Hessle)
- Juju & Jordash / Morphosis - Dektmantel Anniversary Series Pt.1 (Dekmantel)
- WK7 / Head High - Do It Yourself / Rave (Dirt Mix) (Power House)
- Beneath - No Symbols 002
- Joy Orbison - Ellipsis (Hinge Finger)
- STL - Flying Saucer Attack (Smallville)
- Xosar - Ghosthaus (Rush Hour)
- Xosar - Tropical Cruize (L.I.E.S.)
- Boddika & Joy Orbison - Swims
- Bok Bok - MJT / Dark Hearts Dub (Night Slugs)
- Pete Swanson - Pro Style (Type)
- Levon Vincent - Six Figures (Novel Sound, Rising Sun Re-press)
- Ugandan Methods - Sixth Method (Ancient Methods)
- Omar-S & Ob Ignitt - Wayne County Hill Cops Pt 2 (FXHE)
- Elgato - Zone / Luv Zombie (Hessle)
- Kyle Hall & Kero - Zug Island (Wild Oats)
- Portable - A Process (LARJ)
- Heart Maths - Typesun w/ Peverelist Remix
- Kassem Mosse - Staat Aus Glass EP
- Mara Trax – Sensibilia
- Steve Moore - Panther Moderns (L.I.E.S.)
- Vapauteen - Weld EP (L.I.E.S.)
- Delroy Edwards - 4 Club Use Only (L.I.E.S.)
- Magic Mountain High - The Schnitzel Box Vol.1 (Workshop)
- Moodyman - Why Do U Feel (KDJ)
- Mark Fell - Sensate Focus 10
- Mala - Stand Against War (DMZ)
- Kuedo - Work, Live & Sleep In Collapsing Space (Planet Mu)
- Jam City - Glide (Night Slugs, free download)
- Heatsick - Déviation EP (Pan)
- Funkineven & Fatima - Phoneline EP
- FIS - Duckdive
- Andrés - New For U
- William Kouam Djoko - We Are Your Brothers and Sisters (Rush Hour)
- Burial - Kindred EP (Hyperdub)
- Anthony Naples - Mad Disrespect EP (Mister Saturday Night)
- Samoyed - Her Honey Dripping Behind (GLUM)
- Champion ft. Princess Nyah - Crazy (Formula)
- British Murder Boys - Where Pail Limbs Lie (Lib Tech)
- Bandshell - Dust March EP (Hessle)
Hessle, Livity Sound and L.I.E.S. were pretty much get/buy* on sight (again, wrt to Hessle), along with Editions Mego/Spectrum Spools and Pan for LPs (on which later…)
*again, money gets in the way of this being the case IRL, but…